Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Religious Themepark

As I was browsing the internet Icame across something that reallygave me mixed feelings. In Kentucky they are going to build a Bible based themepark. The centerpiece of the park will be a giant replica of Noah's Ark. It will also house a Tower of Babel, a Walled City, and a First century Middle East Village.
The main reason for building the themepark is for economic relief in the area of Kentucky just south of Cincinnati Ohio. Kentucky governor , Steve Beshear, is behind this idea because of the increase in economic help. The area has unemployment rates near 11%. The park will be near the are where they put a Creation Museum. The museum has gotten alot of criticism but also it has gotten about a million visitors since opening. The builders of the park want to have more awareness toward the Bible.
My feelings are as i said are mixed. The things i like about this is the awareness for the Bible and the economical help it will induce. The things i dislike are hard to pinpoint but something tells me that these things should not exist but I do not know how to say why I feel this way.
The full story can be found at the following:http://n.pr/iaebct

6 comments:

  1. Wow! a religious themepark. I don't see anything wrong with it. I hope that this continues to work. But people need to be more informed about the bible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good thing that we have religious themepark. People can go to this park and learn something about Bible. They can make friends in there. They have common interest. I hope more and more people can go there to share their ideas, there is also a place where people can talk to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very good idea. It is going to teach some very important lessons that I feel are lacking right now in our society. While doing so it is also creating new jobs. (THAT IS A PLUS). A bible based Theme Park is no so bad people just blow thing out of proportion. There is actually another Bible based theme park in Orlando, Fl, you don't see people getting upset about that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Bible based theme park is a very unique thing. I think it’s a good idea. Not only can people enjoy the traditional park outside, but you can now be more actively informed of the acts of the Bible. As for those who bring a negative light to the situation, I mean it’s natural. Not everyone is going to like everything and have their own opinion. But overall I think it will be a good experience for most.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard about this a long time ago, and I really didn't think it was a good thing to have a religious theme park relating to the Bible because there are many different religions and people who don't have a particular religion. It may offend some people, and some may want to go to the theme park but don't believe in that religion, I know you don't have to go but still.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have mixed feelings as well with this one. I understand people need jobs, but making the bible into a theme park is kind of disturbing to me. I was raised to respect the word of God more than anything. i feel like this makes it cheap almost. Why cant they just open up a really cool theme park with a different theme besides the bible. This is my religion not something to be made into a theme park.

    ReplyDelete